Under the Moon, Stronger in Your Hands
Something about the full moon reaches me before I have words for it. I notice it in the restlessness, in how long I stand at the window, in the thoughts that follow me. Familiar feelings become harder to put aside. I can go through the day doing everything I need to do, then look up at that light and realize how much I’ve been holding.
I know some people see only the moon. They admire it for a moment and carry on. I understand that. I don’t need everyone to believe it holds any particular meaning or influence. But the experience is real to me. Whether it’s the light, the rhythm, the associations I’ve carried, or something I can’t explain, I feel different beneath it. More open. More aware of what I want and what frightens me about wanting it.
These nights have an intangible quality I struggle to describe without making it sound smaller than it feels. An awareness that something is happening within me before I fully understand it. Sometimes it brings peace. Sometimes it brings an ache I can’t locate. Tonight, I know it will bring you into almost every quiet moment.
I wonder whether you’ve noticed the moon too. Whether you paused somewhere beneath it, even briefly. There is comfort in knowing we could both look up and see it, despite the distance between us tonight. I can imagine you stopping at a window or stepping outside, and for a moment the distance feels manageable. Tonight, because of responsibilities, we will live separate hours, doing separate things, but we can still share something without arranging it.
Then I turn away from the window, and I miss you.
I look forward to the ordinary closeness we’ll get to share. Hearing the warmth in your voice, seeing your expression when I tell you something silly, and learning the little rhythms of your day. Being near enough to know when you’d welcome a laugh, a quiet moment, or a little extra care. Those simple moments with you are what I find myself dreaming about.
Distance is never easy, and nights like this, beneath a full moon, feel a little more complicated to me. Everything seems closer to the surface. The longing, the tenderness, and the excitement of what we've built. Sometimes I want reassurance and hesitate to ask, worried that needing it will make me seem less steady. But I’m learning to give myself a little grace and enjoy the closeness we’re finding, even when life takes me away from you. I want to trust in me enough to say when I’m missing you, and trust myself enough to know that being honest about it is a kind of strength.
Under the full moon, those feelings seem closer to the surface. The longing is stronger, along with the pull to let you lead and allow myself to be seen. Something about your quiet authority, my Domme, makes me want to tell you everything, even when I’m still finding the words. I find myself caught between wanting to arrive before you're composed and certain, and wanting to soften into the trust we’re building. I’m learning that I can bring you both my confidence and my vulnerability, and find joy in following your lead.
You overwhelm me sometimes, in the most compelling way. Your confidence, your presence, and how you carry yourself. Sometimes I lose my words around you, caught between wanting to impress you and wanting to relax and let you lead. I admire you, and being seen by you, my Domme, means so much to me. Your attention matters. Your approval makes me smile long after the moment has passed. Letting you know me means trusting you with the parts of me that don’t always feel impressive or brave, and finding pleasure in knowing I can be honest with you as I choose to surrender.
I also want to know you beyond the moments that leave me awestruck. I want to listen when your day has been difficult, learn what helps you feel supported, and notice the small things you might never think to ask for. I don’t want my admiration to make you feel as though you must always be powerful or certain with me. My commitment has room for your tiredness, your uncertainty, and your ordinary days.
Being your submissive asks me to be honest in ways I’m still learning. It’s easy to speak about trust when I feel secure. It takes more effort when I’m far away, missing you, and uncertain of myself. Those are the moments when I have to decide whether I’ll retreat into my assumptions or give you the chance to hear what’s actually happening.
I’m trying to choose honesty sooner, without weakness.
You overwhelm me sometimes, in a way that leaves me smiling and standing a little taller. Your confidence, your presence, the certainty with which you take charge draw me toward you. Your strength is deeply calming, my Love. When you take the lead, I feel invited to be braver: to speak honestly, follow through, and show you all of who I am. Your attention matters to me, and your approval is something I need to earn. I love being challenged by you and discovering what I’m capable of with you in my life. The more I trust you with my submission, the more confident I feel in what I bring to us. I want to meet your strength with devotion you can depend on, and our connection where we both feel supported, desired, and free to be ourselves.
My commitment to you shows up in the practical parts of my life. In following through. In making time. In remembering what you tell me. The intensity I feel tonight matters, but I want you to be able to recognize my devotion just as clearly on an unremarkable afternoon.
Still, tonight belongs to this moon and everything it seems to stir in me.
I wish I could explain exactly why its light makes me feel so exposed, or why looking at it brings both comfort and loneliness. Perhaps I’ll never have an explanation that satisfies anyone else. I can only tell you that I feel it, and that beneath it, I find it harder to pretend I don’t need tenderness too.
If you were here, we to sit outside with me for a while. No performance, no need to make the moment more than it was. I’d want to feel your hand in mine and let myself settle enough to tell you what I’ve been trying to say.
That I miss you. That I’m committed to you. That sometimes the depth of my feelings unsettles me, and I’m learning how to remain open anyway.
If you happen to look at the moon tonight, I hope you think of me for a moment. I’ll be here, under the same light, wishing you were closer and finding the courage to let you know. I'll be back soon to the place where I am the safest, under your complete control...

Comments
Post a Comment